Updated as of October 14, 2020
1. Information We Collect
We may collect the following kinds of information:
1.1. Information you provide
On Demand Care Corp collects information from you when you provide it to us. This happens when you register for our website, use the Platform, or communicate with us, such as through our website, applications, email, SMS, over the telephone or in person. The information you provide us may include information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information" or "PII"), such as name, date of birth, email address, phone number or your mailing address. We also collect your credit card information in order to process payments for Services.
You may also provide us information about a person whose care is being managed through the Platform, such as that person’s Personal Information, conditions relative to the Services, special needs and preferences. You agree not to provide us information about any other person unless you have that person’s express permission.
1.2. Information provided to the OndeCare Hero Providers
You or the Recipient may provide information to the OndeCare Hero Providers, including PHI. As part of the Services, the OndeCare Hero Providers will use On Demand Care Corp’s proprietary technology platform to manage and communicate with you about the Services that they are providing, including by entering information about the Services and the recipient of the services into the On Demand Care Corp application and websites, which will make it available to us.
1.3. Information from cookies and similar devices
1.4. Information from mobile devices
If you are interacting with our website or applications on a mobile device, your mobile carrier may automatically send us your device and hardware ID, device type, carrier, carrier user ID, the content of your request and basic usage statistics about your device and usage of our website or applications. We do not store this information or use it for any purpose. If you provide it to us or send us a message from your mobile device, we may also collect your phone number. Your device may also store information about your usage of our website and applications. Please consult your device documentation on how to manage local storage.
1.5. Information based on standard web protocols
When you access our website through a browser, application or other client, like other web providers, our servers automatically record certain information. This data is recorded in server logs and may include information such as your web request, your interaction with the website, the website that you were visiting when you came to our website, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and language, the date and time of your request, and your cookie data.
2. Information Usage and Sharing
On Demand Care Corp may use and, if specifically noted, share your Personal Information and PHI (together, your "Information"):
- For the purposes of providing services to you, providing services to our business clients, obtaining payment for our services and for the operation of our business. For example, we use your Information when assisting you in deciding which caregiver is most appropriate for the assignment as well as determining whether or not a Recipient’s need can be met by our level of staff;
- With OndeCare Hero Providers, so that they may provide and communicate about the Services;
- To verify coverage with insurance companies to submit claims to insurance companies for payment and to create invoices.
- To evaluate the quality of our services, to train our employees, to create and monitor record keeping and to assess the financial performance of our company.
- With people or organizations that you authorize, including people you have engaged to provide you services such as doctors or other OndeCare Hero Providers;
- Where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental requirement; (b) enforce any applicable terms of our Services, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of On Demand Care Corp, its partners, its users or the public.
- To a family member, relative, close friend, or the like, if Information is relevant to that person’s involvement with the Recipient’s care or payment for Services, or if necessary to notify such persons regarding your care, location or condition.
- Health-related communications, such as to contact you about treatment alternatives or other services that may be of interest to you.
- As necessary to comply with workers compensation laws for proceedings.
- As required or authorized by law, we may disclose your Information to public health or law enforcement officials, or in response to a court or administrative order, valid subpoena or other legal process. If we are required to disclose your PHI to another party to a legal proceeding, we will seek an appropriate order protecting the PHI.
- To an oversight agency for activities including audits, investigations, and inspections as necessary related to our licensure or for the government to monitor health care systems, government programs, or civil rights laws.
- To researchers if their research has been approved by an institutional review board and protocols have been established to assure the privacy of your information.
- To coroners, medical examiners, or funeral directors in order for them to perform their duties consistent with applicable laws.
- To organizations involved in procuring donor organs or tissue.
- To third parties where necessary to prevent a serious threat to health or safety, whether yours, another person’s, or the general public.
- If you are a member of the armed forces or a veteran, as required by military authorities.
- To authorized federal officials for intelligence and national security activities, to protect public officials, or for federal investigations where permitted by law.
- To authorities if we believe you are a victim of neglect, abuse, or domestic violence.
- We will comply with any other PHI disclosure rights, obligations, or processes not specified above if required or permitted by law. We will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your PHI for purposes other than those provided above or as otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke an authorization in writing at any time. Upon receipt of a written revocation, we will stop the use or disclosure covered by the authorization except to the extent of actions already taken in reliance on the authorization.
3. Your Protected Health Information Rights
You have the following rights related to your PHI in our possession or control but if and to the extent that the Services are covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996:
- Obtain a copy of this notice. To receive this Notice and to obtain a copy at any time by contacting our office: On Demand Care Corp, 34 South Main Street, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022.
- Request restrictions on use and disclosure of PHI. To request additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your PHI by sending a written request to same address as noted above. We are not required to agree to those restrictions.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of PHI. To access and copy your PHI consisting of a "designated record set." The designated record set is your initial inquiry, home assessment, booking records, and your billing records. To inspect or copy your PHI, please send a written request to same address as above. We may charge you a reasonable fee for copying, mailing and supply costs. We may deny a request as permitted by law and if so; provide you with a written explanation of denial. You may have the denial reviewed, as explained in the written denial.
- Request an amendment to PHI. To request we amend your PHI if you believe it to be incorrect. You may request the amendment by providing written support for your request to our address. We may deny a request as permitted by law and if so, provide you with a written explanation of denial. You may send us a written statement of disagreement, which we will file with your PHI.
- Receive an accounting of disclosures. To receive, upon written request to our address an accounting of your PHI disclosures made after June 1st, 2017. The accounting would exclude disclosures for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations, disclosures made to you, family or friends involved in your care, or as authorized by you.
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com and we will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information in order to correct, amend or delete it unless prohibited by law. We may decline to process requests if it would require effort disproportionate to the privacy risk, would violate the rights of others or would prejudice an ongoing legal proceeding or investigation. Because of the way we make back-up copies of our data, residual copies of the information may remain in our backup systems. We also may not be able to delete Personal Information that you have submitted through public activities, and even after removal and it may remain viewable in cached and archived locations or on other websites not within our control. We may charge a reasonable fee to access your Personal Information if to do so would require a disproportionate effort. Updating or deletion of your Personal Information will not have any effect on other information that On Demand Care Corp maintains.
We recognize that security is important and take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you believe that the Personal Information you have provided us has been compromised, or if you become aware of a potential security vulnerability in our Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Communicating with You
7.1. Emails and other notifications
You agree that On Demand Care Corp may send you communications relating to your account and the On Demand Care Corp services. These communications may be through email, telephone, SMS or notifications through applications. You can elect not to receive certain marketing messages from On Demand Care Corp by email by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us, but you cannot elect not to receive administrative messages relating to your account or legal matters. You consent to receiving all legally-required notifications from On Demand Care Corp through display on our website, through the email you provide to us, or through the email associated with your On Demand Care Corp account, which may be the email associated with any of your third-party IM Websites or social networks through which you connect to On Demand Care Corp (such as Facebook).
7.2. Comments, Questions and Complaints
On Demand Care Corp,
34 South Main Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
We will not retaliate against any person for filing a privacy complaint. Your privacy and confidence in our abilities is of utmost importance to us. We intend to earn your confidence every day we are given the opportunity to serve your non-medical home care needs.
8. Childrenʼs Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is intended for use by persons over the age of 18. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under 18 years of age.
9. Do Not Track
On Demand Care Corp does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.